Sunday, April 19, 2009

Prize

It has been absolutely incredible to see the ways that God has moved in my life.
And all this simply because I asked Him to.
And I only asked Him because I was so thirsty for what is Real and Lasting.
And I was only thirsty because He made me to be.
Because He loves me that much. (and you)
And I often can’t believe this.
And what’s more, when I get the chance to sit down and reminisce on all of the details of how He has brought me to where I am, it just confirms all the more that this path that I am on-
the one on which I am running after the only thing that will ever matter-
is exactly where I want to be.
And this is where I will be until the day I see Him.
The One Whose grace was and is completely sufficient.
The One Whose blood has replaced the garbage that I have clung to- and I’m sure much that I will cling to in the future.
I just look back and think of all that He’s done.
I used to live for that day when I would begin a relationship with a man who would define me.
This is what the world told me to live for-
identity in people-
and I just may have followed suit.
This relationship would have been my trophy, my idol, my prize.
I remember clearly- a year ago- I couldn’t wait to be in a relationship so that I could post it on Facebook and watch the comments, questions, and congratulations roll in.
And I sit here now- completely single, and so incredibly thankful that He, in His wisdom, protected me from that which I wanted so badly, that which I thought I knew so much better than He.
He has removed so many things from my life.
And He has replaced them with the honor of knowing Him- so very little at this point, but nonetheless, the most precious gift I could ever have.

No comments:

Post a Comment