Thursday, September 10, 2009

Struggles

I was reading Jeremiah 2 last night.
And God started to speak.
And it was just the perfect moment.
It wasn't late enough where I felt like I could go to sleep,
but yet I was desiring God's Word.
So I took a minute to ask Him what I should read before just pulling the old flip and point system.
Jeremiah 1:5 came to mind, so Jeremiah it was.
And it is not even that there was anything so specific in those chapters that stood out.
It was just simply that I made myself available and, like David, sat before the Lord, waiting
(2 Samuel 7:18)
And He just had all kinds of truth to pour out,
like
its okay to struggle.
and i'm not sure how i ever got it into my head that i need to be at a place of complete contentment before He will give me the desires of my heart.
He was pretty clear. its okay to struggle. in fact, realistically, I'll have struggles until the day I see Jesus face to face.
Like D said, we'll never know fullness until we see Him, and we'll never be completely content until we're with Him.
And so I guess for the first time I can choose to embrace these struggles as things that make me human, things that constantly remind me that my citizenship is in heaven...

No comments:

Post a Comment