Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Six

11.15.09
This day marks
six months in.
Already.
Hard to believe, really.
I had no idea what i was getting into.
I thought I knew.
But then I like to think that I know a lot of things...

I guess I'll sum up this past half-year with what I think are the three greatest things that I am beginning to learn.

1. Love.
This demand for selflessness, for time, and for an attitude that chooses to look at someone and see a person that is just as valuable to the world as I am, or maybe even to see someone as more valuable than I am (depending on the amount of confidence i have at any given time).

2. Community.
Ah, people.
They can bring out the best and the worst
and simultaneously teach me the very specifics that I must know about myself and my future relationships.

3. Discipleship.
How essential it is to have godly men and women in our communities who fear God, know Jesus, and follow His Spirit's leading.
I am finding that I desperately want to be one of these.
And I want to be active in lifting up and endorsing other women as they seek to love God and people with everything they have.

Because more
and more
my eyes are opened to understand
that my life is not about me
and my comfort
and my security
and my reputation
because in Him
I have it all.

[before I started to understand all of this, life was hardly worth living]

No comments:

Post a Comment