Sunday, November 27, 2011

lightbulbs


now that thanksgiving is over, i must conclude that it was wonderful.
more specifically though, thursday was good, thanksgiving day.
but today was the gift that i had been hoping for.
as much of a battle as it was to really rest over this break,
to put all of the stressful obligations aside, to be intentionally aware and thankful,
i see now that i have quite a few joys offered to me out of these past hours.
going for a walk with sara. doesn't happen enough. praying for time and opportunity to see my sisters more.
reading the first chapter of ann voskamp's book, 1000 gifts, a new perspective, pure delight.
light! thank you will and erin for a lamp and lightbulbs. sounds trivial, but live with minimal lighting for a few days and see the effect that it has.
friendship. starbucks with emily after church, as well as seeing a handful of other dear friends.
chels and aleece finally home again. an evening baking, cleaning, with music and stories.
the girls nextdoor. beautiful beautiful and a tree that smells so very amazing.
community of brothers and sisters who share my faith, a pastor who can somehow preach both exegetically and topically, with the richness of truth and power, and humility and the spirit of God so very active.
i am thankful, now, for suffering and healing, for grand measures of such silencing grace,
for tomorrow.

great is Thy faithfulness.

 22The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
   his mercies never come to an end;
23they are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
24 "The LORD is my portion," says my soul,
    "therefore I will hope in him."

1 comment:

  1. oh my. I read One Thousand Gifts this spring, and it's now in my top five books. *smiles*

    ReplyDelete