Wednesday, June 12, 2013

28


every year on my birthday
i spend time assessing the previous year, praying for the next, dreaming, and setting goals for my upcoming trip around the sun.
last year i prayed that this one would be the best yet.
of course i had in mind what i thought the best would look like
but i am bursting with gratitude and relief
that God doesn't grant our requests according to our details
but that He grants the requests that funnel into His will for us
His good, pleasing, and perfect will.
that prayer on the 12th of june, 2012, was like a tiny seed, mustard probably,
that He grew with grace upon grace.
He's taught me a new level of humility [believe it or not]
He's revealed to me much more of the confidence for which i've been painfully searching.
He's given me an independence and desire to which i hadn't yet been introduced.
He's given me integrity to see those things that make up my DNA, those things that at their deepest reality are who i am, what i love, what i want, and what drives me.
and He's shown me that it is okay, even good, to hold tightly to them regardless of what anyone thinks.
He's allowed me to feel down, to feel self-sufficient, to feel hopeless, all temporary of course, so that i can know intimately the promises on the other side.
lovingly, He gave me singleness, an internship, empowerment coaching, a job with two precious little ones who teach me more about Him than anyone else could.
He added to my life a new nephew, two new brothers, a new home, a small group of the most capable, beautiful, and hungry young women.
i'm delighted by all that He's built into my life since last year
i'm grateful.
our Father only, always gives good gifts to His children
because He alone defines goodness.
looking forward to these next 365 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment