Saturday, December 26, 2009

Jesus

Yesterday didn't seem like Christmas
for some reason

maybe because my attitude was all wrong,
but more so apathetic.
i was not prepared for the day
because i failed to fix my eyes on Him...

I want to be able to say what Paul said
"I resolved to know nothing while i was with you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified."

it is only ever the times when i'm fixated on things apart from Christ
that i see my peace or my confidence or my joy slip away
and i hate days like that

it takes a day or two to recover.
when will i ever learn the importance of the morning watch that andrew murray writes so passionately about and that will so adamantly holds to and this pattern that Jesus so faithfully lived by?

Jesus Christ and Him crucified...

No comments:

Post a Comment