Thursday, August 12, 2010

answers

when God answers requests
or when He gives a gift
humility is always the added bonus.
looking back this is easy to appreciate
but in the moment...never quite so simple.
at community prayer a few months ago
we prayed for eachother's requests.
it was a monday i remember vividly
because todd and rachel were there
and tony and char and paula and deem and jord...
basically i asked that God would increase my faithfulness,
that He would entrust me with more of His secrets so that i could be the servant...the slave of Christ that i claim to be
and so He has been revealing what i've asked.
He has been proving that the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
and along with that He has been preparing me to step out
and He's asking of me these conversations that i cannot possibly anticipate
only trust that Jesus' words in luke 12.12 are truth
so i sigh.
and humble myself under His sovereignty.
yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment