Wednesday, September 14, 2011

be

[inspired by a handful of beautiful couples who have so humbly opened their struggles up that i might see what they see. thank you for such an honor.]

walk with me, [downtown on a warm night, perhaps]
you don't have to say anything.
just be with me.
but if you do feel the need to speak,
speak of Him.
recite to me what you've been meditating on.
and walk confidently,
knowing that i don't need you to be perfect.
be a man of your word,
sure and decisive.
guard your heart and your integrity.
and mine.
seek to honor Him in all things.
know that i am overjoyed to partner with you.
be patient with me
allowing my identity to be distinct from yours.
i do not define you
as you do not define me.
ask me questions,
please don't demand that i believe things exactly as you do.
allow me to learn, aware that you are not half the teacher that He is.
love me like i matter,
like my opinions, desires, and feelings carry as much weight as yours.
love Him more than your reputation.
love knowing Him more than knowing about Him.
apologize if you hurt me.
be gracious when i apologize for hurting you.
read to me.
listen.
don't be afraid if i cry.
take responsibility for your mistakes.
love Him most.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Tammy. Such beautiful words. They are not too much to ask. He is able to give this and so much more than you can imagine.

    ReplyDelete