Tuesday, January 17, 2012

coherence

it often comes full circle.
"it" being the small details of understanding that i gain on a given day
my prayer this morning was for steadfastness.
also that the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart would be pleasing in God's sight,
because i'm finding myself more aware of the times when things come out of my mouth that i am not pleased with and that He, most certainly, would not be pleased with.
and i went to the gym
where i've been listening to matt chandler's series on the canon and the depth of our faith
[this series is apparently from a men's conference. ha. oh well.]
he references psalm 19 often.
at the end of the poem is verse fourteen,
 14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
   be acceptable in your sight,
   O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.

it is small, but to me not insignificant. yet one more thing that points to consistency, connectedness, and coherence of even the smallest details.

thank You.


No comments:

Post a Comment