Friday, April 13, 2012

intricately

talk about a heavy week...
God's faithfulness became more real to me
and i am so humbled in my helplessness.
i feel like i had to answer this question for myself as if i have never asked it before.
God, are you present? are you faithful? do you hear me?
there were moments when i have never felt more alone
and He would remind me of His immanence.
it seemed like each day one conversation or one random interaction blessed me such that it would sustain me until i needed that next confirmation of His promise.
like shawna said today that it is no small thing to learn that our God is both sovereign and good.
He works for our good.
He is involved and aware
and because of this we can expect that even the hard weeks
are purposed.
i haven't felt humility this way in a long time.
it kind of makes me sick
but it also makes God look so much greater in my eyes.
i see Him as more capable than i've believed before
I see His compassion, His eyes, sincere.
though overwhelmed with what life is asking of me now
as i finish my college career
i'm learning myself
in new ways
and i've been challenged and encouraged by so many dear friends.
thank you, dear friends. you have no idea what God is doing through you.
and this last little acknowledgement that He is concerned for the small things as well,
i looked at one of my favorite blogs.
it is called 365 promises.
i do this thing where i like to read the thing that is posted on my birthdate,
and actually, i like to do this in the book of luke too.
i'll read a june 12 entry. or, with luke, i'll read chapter 6, verse 12.
i don't just do this for my birthday.
[i love birthdays.]
and i do this for friends and family as well.
i looked up alex's birthday on 365 promises.
this was the picture and promise that was posted there:
this was on my desktop for months...
months ago.
such a small detail.
perhaps.
but quite possibly just another reminder that He is intricately aware of my life
and He cares.
how easily we can miss these precious details if we are not watching for them.
His mercies are new every morning.
He blesses us all. day. long.
and how blessed i am.

No comments:

Post a Comment