Sunday, April 1, 2012

habit


nights like this
when i am just frustrated with myself
convicted by the morning's sermon
feeling so ridiculously needy
and completely unmotivated,
i have to choose to see You
and how far i fall short
and how i can do nothing unless You will and act

You, my sustainer
You, my grace
You, my motivation
You, my joy
You, my purpose
You, my ability to love
You, my strength to press on
You, my great great reward
You, my ever present help

...this is what i used to do when i found myself losing sight of the best, eclipsed by the good and the better...

i will remember to remember who You are.

and i refuse to be so caught up in the things around me that i fail to cling to the very source and direction of my life.
Jesus tells the jews that they need to come to Him and believe in Him
yet
He also tells them, "no one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him."
here's what you need...but you can't do it.
story of my life
and all of ours
but we can trust His work
because of Love
and we look forward
to easter... 

No comments:

Post a Comment