Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Updates...

1. An apology

Dave returned about 24 hours after our little confrontation.
"Look Tam, I owe you the deepest apologies. I was totally out of line. I am so sorry. I am totally the problem, not you. I'm the problem; me and my addictions."
And this was an interesting 24 hours indeed.
I spent most of the time battling with myself to forgive him, but really really really not wanting to.
I flashed back to a sermon, not sure if it was Joe Stowell or Rod, but either way, the idea was that when we hold a grudge, we're essentially saying that someone owes us something, but to forgive is to cancel all debts and live in peace and freedom with those around us.
And last week while studying Matthew with Tony, Char, DM, Jordan, and Michael Scott, we read through the The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant

__________________________

Matthew 18:21Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?"

22Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.

23"Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand talents was brought to him. 25Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt.

26"The servant fell on his knees before him. 'Be patient with me,' he begged, 'and I will pay back everything.' 27The servant's master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go.

28"But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii. He grabbed him and began to choke him. 'Pay back what you owe me!' he demanded.

29"His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, 'Be patient with me, and I will pay you back.'

30"But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt. 31When the other servants saw what had happened, they were greatly distressed and went and told their master everything that had happened.

32"Then the master called the servant in. 'You wicked servant,' he said, 'I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. 33Shouldn't you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?' 34In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.

35"This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart."

_______________________________

2. New neighbors

Terry, April and their 3 little ones, Sierra, Savannah, and Trent, moved in next door a few days ago.
They are very friendly indeed and their children are sweet.
We are looking forward to getting to know them more, and hoping to share our biggest joy with them as well as our neighborhood.

3. A successful few days in the kitchen

Sunday night: My Couscous and feta stuffed peppers
Monday: My and Jordan's garden-fresh zucchini bread
Monday night: Charla's amazing Penne alla vodka (and we usually whisper the vodka part)
Tonight: We await to see what Jordan's cooking up...

4. And some new babies

Charla's sister, Mindy had her little boy, Jonas Christopher
And my Jana is having her little Benjamin...today!

No comments:

Post a Comment