Monday, August 10, 2009

Credentials

I have no clue who you are.
But I know that when I first notice you
It won’t be because of your credentials.
To throw me a list of all of the things that make you great will matter so little
Compared to where your heart is.
Where do you turn when life is hard?
Where do you turn when life isn’t hard?
These are the things that will make me to notice you.
When your strength isn’t enough, whose is?
Mine won’t be.
I promise.
Do you speak life?
Are the words of your mouth and the meditations of your heart something to be proud of?
Do you emanate integrity?
Are you respected? (Worthy of a seat at the city gate?)
Are you willing to humble yourself when necessary?
Do you keep your word?
Are you faithful?
There’s not a résumé in the world that could ensure a strong character.
But need.
There’s that.
And surrender.
And obedience.
These are what I’m looking for.
Show me those.
Then I’ll notice.
Because this process shouldn’t be hard.
It’ll make sense.
And I’ll want it because it will be beautiful and restful and
It’ll be worship.
As it should be.
So I’ll trust in Him,
And keep waiting…

ps. i post things like this with the assumption that no one except for a few (i think there's literally 5 of you) friends or family read my blog...so...i hope you'd let me know if i ever post anything that seems inappropriate for the internet! thanks :) tjd612@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. I LOVEEEE UR BLOGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha... that's awesome! =)


    Who is good? NO ONE. NOT ONE.





    There you have it T.

    ReplyDelete