Saturday, August 22, 2009

Disciple

I woke up this morning pleading with God for a boy that I know.
He’s hurting, scared, desperate, lonely.
But you wouldn’t know by looking at him or talking with him.
Because he fights to look strong.
But he’s told me that he would love someone to disciple him.
In fact, he asked me to do it, which I would in a heartbeat if only he weren’t male…
But my prayer, my appeal to the Lord is for a man who has a heart for the Westside, who is confident in and reliant on Him, who has a hunger to see wholeness and healing in one person at a time, and who would take this boy once or twice a week and
just spend time with him.
Love him.
Laugh with him.
Share life with him.
Pray for him.
Be Jesus to him.
And teach him to be Jesus to one more…
I cannot understand why God hasn’t met this need.
Since this family has been crying out for weeks, if not months…

No comments:

Post a Comment