Friday, September 5, 2008

Settling.

I won't.
If you know me, you know this.

But that doesn't mean it doesn't cross my mind.
And i think its normal to think about it.

But.

What is a relationship?
Is it simply spending time with someone because both of you are available and have a few things in common?
Or is it investing in someone who you can't believe is as amazing as he/she really is?

Or does my whole confusion come down to standards?

I get frustrated when I see people who are dating just to date.
Maybe that's not fair.
Maybe its just that i need to accept the fact that not everyone has the standards that i have and that what i consider settling is completely the opposite so some people.

Maybe its about time that I stop thinking that I set the world's standards.

But.

I do think there is something to be said about standards.
I think the reason that I think so often that people are settling is that I so desperately want people to be constantly raising their standards.

See. I'm a lover, not a hater.
I have this heart for everyone to be so in love with Jesus that the kind of person he or she is looking for looks just like Him.

Why can't we pursue to be those kinds of people that look like Jesus so that people will desire to be in relationship with us because we point them to Him?

I just can't help but think- no, know- that this would dramatically change our families, our communities, our churches.

More to say on this...later.

No comments:

Post a Comment