Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Friends

The "just friends" stage is a pretty big deal.

And what I mean by this is that it is frustrating to watch how quickly people are willing to jump into a relationship, simply to have someone.

And I really mean jump. Especially at small Christian schools...especially Bible colleges.

But this hasn't really been on my heart much,
at least not this frustrating side of things.

Instead, I've been witnessing the patience of some of those around me.
I've been watching. Always.
And I see people stepping up in terms of relationships.
I see men who really get what it means to love.
I see men who are not willing to cave into the pressure that comes from all sides.
I see them taking the time and investing, just as friends.
And we (girls) hate this. Or so we say.

But I think we secretly love it.
For a man to put in the time and the energy, not even sure yet.

And.
I think its an incredibly lazy way out when a guy cannot be patient.
Because if you take the time to get to know her, you'll learn a lot more than you will if you just jump into a relationship with her.
And we all dislike the times of uncertainty. But this is when God can become everything, and strengthen the foundation for what may be to come...

She might be impatient, especially if she can't even tell if you like her.
But that's what makes you a man. This sets you apart.
Its your call to make her wait (and I think you should).
Take the time to observe and become objectively aware of who you are walking towards.

Observe for a few months, the way B did, because his patience allowed God to give him everything he wanted. And now he plans for a wedding.

Pursue the way D did without giving her reason to think you're after anything more than her friendship. This allowed for her to keep the walls down, and now he has her heart.

Don't get hearts involved unless you're sure.
And make sure God is just as sure. Okay? Okay.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like you're going to have to unwrap this a little... well.. i lied. a lot.


    Thanks Tamala!! =D

    ReplyDelete