Tuesday, June 22, 2010

reconciliation

2 Corinthians 5:17-21

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."

I LOVE this idea that we are to have ministry of reconciliation.
This is our Father’s heart. This has become my heart.
And this probably because I have experienced a small piece of the death and life that Jesus did. I think I have walked in this genuine humility once in my life. Really. The kind where you feel like you’re walking as Jesus walked and seeing through His own eyes. And though it is so hard for us who aren’t God, it is so worth the pain of the daily death that Paul talks about.
And Tom said it at church on Sunday [and Saturday, I’m sure], he prays everyday that he would die to himself that he might live like Christ. And this is what I want too.
This is the dream that I see for my future and my ministry for the Kingdom. Because it isn’t until I am humbled like Jesus was that I can really see the needs of others, that I can passionately love, that I can wisely offer compassion, that I can truly live the life that He intended for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment