Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Reality


I'm coming back.
For the past 2ish years, i've been living with this pseudo-sense of control.
I'm talking about facebook. and myspace. and countless other ways of thinking that i have control over what's going on around me.
And i don't think I want to feel like I have control over much of anything anymore.
I've been reading in Psalms, and in 1 Samuel, and in Isaiah, and Romans, and Malachi, and Ephesians...and i can't wait to read more and more and more...and i've realized that real control only ever exists when it's God's.
And all of the people who were the amazing people that we know as "heroes of the faith" were the people they were because they relinquished control and stepped into true reality.
This reality is that we cross the paths of other people- but we do this most genuinely and most passionately in person, in everyday cirucmstances, as God presents opportunities- so to dwell in the realm of actuality, the way He intended it, meant (for me) that facebook needed to be deactivated. and myspace.
it took some arguing between Him and I. But I like this :) the communicating with the One who's in charge of it all...and then i feel ridiculous for even thinking about arguing...
and I just don't know how much I am capable of loving Him, but I know that the more I cut out of my life, the more I can find out...and it is in this direction that I'm committed to walk.


So its here on this journey that I am wide-eyed, expectant, and curious, intrigued, eager to see what each new day holds.

1 comment:

  1. i'm totally inspired, tam. well written and thought provoking. ;)

    ReplyDelete