Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Somebody.

For the longest time, I’ve battled against this desire that I have to be seen and respected by others. And for the longest time I’ve fought because I have thought that it is wrong for me to want to be admired.

But it was by this in Psalm 31 that God changed my mind:

“How great is your goodness,
which you have stored up for those who fear you,
which you bestow in the sight of men
on those who take refuge in you.”

In the sight of men…for those who fear you…those who take refuge in you…

But then I’m discovering that when it is for the Name of Jesus that I desire these things, it can’t be wrong. They do, however, need direction.

I have a passion to be respected in whatever community I am a part of.

But I have this passion because I want Jesus, to know Him, to be known by Him, to look like Him in a world that needs His presence so badly, to love Him by feeding His sheep.

So yeah, I want to be somebody, but by being nobody. I want to be somebody because I want to be like Jesus and He will become more as I become less.
One.
Step.
At.
A.
Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment